- Bamboo plants are the biggest members of the grass family, the largest of which can reach 1300 feet in height.
- There are over 1550 species of bamboo on earth and are found in Australia, Asia, North and South America and Southern Africa, yet not Continental Europe.
- They are able to survive in diverse climates from cold mountainous regions to warm tropical regions.
- Bamboo has existed on the planet for almost 30 million years.
- Some species can grow 90cm in 24 hours at an astounding 4cm per hour, making it a highly renewable resource.
- Bamboo has a high strength-to-weight ratio and a higher compressive strength than wood, brick, or concrete and a tensile strength close to steel.
- The most favorable climate for growing bamboo can be found in the Anji County in China where the soil conditions are perfect for this wonderful plant. It is known as the “Town of Bamboo” and some of the most valuable bamboo poles come from there.
- Bamboo shoots, stems and leaves are the major food resource for the giant panda in China as the as the red panda of Nepal as well as the bamboo lemurs(gentle lemurs) of Madagascar.
- It is a natural composite material and its high strength-to-weight ratio makes it perfect for structures and is widely used in construction projects across Asia.
- Bamboo is a symbol of uprightness, durability, strength, resilience, and flexibility in China and a symbol of friendship in India.
- Bamboo flowers very rarely with intervals between 65 and 120 years.
- Bamboo is great for the environment as it releases more than 30% oxygen and absorbs more carbon dioxide than many other plants.
- No fertilizer is required in growing bamboo as the fallen leaves provide all the nutrients the plant needs.
- Bamboo holds the soil firm and stable with its wide root system, preventing ground erosion
- It has been used throughout the ages as folk medicine in treating infections and the healing of wounds.
- Bamboo is hardy and can survive for over 120 years in the wild
- It is an excellent replacement material for hardwood floors, decking, furniture, clothing and has even recently been used in bike frames.
- Bamboo is naturally anti-bacterial and prevents over 70% of pathogens and bacteria that attempt to grow on it.
- Bamboo flooring is far more durable and eco-friendly than laminate flooring and does not need to be replaced as often.
- Bamboo clothing has amazing insulation properties that make it ideal for sustaining body temperatures, be it cold or hot.
- Another benefit is that the plants also help to remove toxins and metals from soil and water.
- Bamboo buildings are extremely earthquake proof as it moves back and forth during an earthquake with almost no damage to the bamboo.
- Over one billion people live in bamboo homes across the planet and this number will continue to increase in the coming years as more people choose the build eco-friendly homes.
- Edison used a bamboo filament in his first successful light bulb while Alexander Graham Bell made his phonographic needle from this versatile material.
- Bamboo comes in a variety of colors from green, yellow all the way to black. Our bamboo flooring options comes in a wide range including: Natural, Tiger, Carbonised, Flattened, Summer or Winter Beach Bamboo etc.
- Bamboo is such a versatile product that it is used to make a huge variety of products from sheets, linens, shirts and socks.
- Bamboo plants have one of the highest rates of photosynthesis of any species on the planet.
- Solid bamboo flooring is more water resistant and adaptable than most hardwood products and recent technologies improvements have increased adaptability through engineered bamboo flooring.
1. Top Quality Bamboo
We import only the best flooring materials from a reputable manufacturer with an outstanding reputation.
Our Bamboo is sustainably sourced and is ideal for green building. It is one of the most easily renewable materials on earth.
Our flooring options are naturally anti-bacterial, making it the perfect fit for the home environment.
This makes it the perfect building material for people with allergic sensitivities.
5. Easy to Install Flooring Solutions
It comes with a revolutionary click mechanism that makes it effortless and quick to install.
6. Strong and Long-lasting
Bamboo is one of the hardest materials on the planet and in terms of tensile capacity is better than steel. The engineerd bamboo suffers from much less expansion and contraction than solid bamboo and other wood floors. This makes it perfect for the hot conditions on the African continent.
7. Competitively Priced
Less expensive than timber with the added benefit that you will save significantly on maintenance costs. We have also negotiated for an unbeatable price per square meters which makes our prices extremely competitive.
8. Anti-scratch coating
Our flooring comes with nine coatings of scratch protection, making it very resistant to marks.
9. Ease of Transport
Eco Bamboo Africa transports products to anywhere in Africa and the rest of the world and the stock travels in bond.